Letting & Property Management Services
Our service is focused on what matters to you most; maximising rental income and protecting your investment. How do we do this......?
- Minimising vacant periods
- Maximising rental and advising what, if any, changes could be made to increase the rental achievable.
- Reviewing rental between each tenancy
- Keeping expenditure and maintenance costs reasonable
- Preparing and serving all Notices and Lease Agreements to the tenants on your behalf in accordance with current legislation to protect your legal interest
- Collecting a deposit in excess of 1 month’s rental to cover any damages to the property
- Carrying out quarterly property condition inspections
- Taking an Inventory of the property so that the condition and furnishings are clearly documented. This is done via an iPad App and fully photographed.
- We recognise that all landlords are not the same so we allow you to choose the level of service that is right for you.
Rent on Time
Would you like your rent even if your tenant fails to pay?
Landlords continue to inform us that rent arrears is their greatest worry, followed closely by the potential cost of the eviction process. At Perthshire Property Services we can remove both of these worries and provide you with complete piece of mind.
Perthshire Property Services proudly presents the innovative Rent on Time service which Guarantees to pay rent to the landlord, regardless of whether their tenant has paid or not.
Rent on Time from Perthshire Property Services provides –
- Guaranteed Rent Payments
- Legal Costs covered for Evictions
- Managing non-payment disputes
- Full Tenant Credit Referencing
- Available to New and Existing Tenancies
- Available to all Tenant Types
In summary – Rent payable, on time, every time, until vacant possession gained. No need to claim! No excess! No waiting! Eviction costs taken care off!
Start-Up & Full Management Package begins as follows: -
- Visit property and provide valuation
- Photograph property for marketing, organise any Energy Performance Certificate if required
- Advertise on all main sites, PPS Website, Zoopla, Rightmove, Lettingweb, Citylets, S1 Homes, Facebook etc
- Carry out viewings
- Update Landlord on progress and approval of tenant checks
- Organise any Landlord Gas Safety Certificate
- Organise any Electric Certificate
- Complete Detailed Ipad Inventory
- Sign up Tenancy Agreement and relevant documents with tenant
- Advise Council Tax and Utilities of move in as well as move in meter readings
- Receive 1st rent in cash, deduct our fee and transfer balance to Landlord along with Statement detailing
- Send all documents and details to LL to deal with thereafter
70% of first month’s rent plus VAT
Full Management. Starts the same as above then…
- Transfer deposit to Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- Collect monthly rent by Standing Order, transfer balance to LL along with statement
- Deal with any repairs liaising with Landlord
- Inspections. Inspections are in place to deal with any minor issues before they become costly issues.
- At end of tenancy we will attend the Check off the property against the ipad Inventory
- Deal with any deposit deductions at the end of the tenancy and any dispute if need be.
Price: One off registration fee payable at the start of the first tenancy - £150 plus VAT
For each tenancy thereafter this registration fee is reduced to £100 plus VAT. Our tenancies automatically roll on using tacit relocation so theres no sign up fee every 6 month only for a new tenancy.
Monthly management fee: 10% of the monthly rent plus VAT
For more info please see our Landlord Pack
Why having Landlords Insurance is so important!
When you become a Landlord normal insurance is no longer enough. If you fail to tell your insurer you have rented out your property they will refuse to pay for any claim you may need to make. You therefore need specialist landlord insurance. It may sound pessimistic but it makes common sense and financial sense!
Whether you are renting out one home or a portfolio of properties, you have a lot of money tied up in your property. So don’t just go with the cheapest deal you can, check the policy gives you everything you need.
This is a must have! You need to protect the bricks and mortar of your property. If you suffer a flood or fire this will cover your rebuild costs, giving you peace of mind. Your mortgage cover may also insist on appropriate buildings insurance as a condition of your mortgage.
Another vital piece of cover. We recommend that you get contents insurance even if your property is unfurnished as this covers your curtains and carpets. If your property is furnished then its even more vital. You don’t have to insure your tenants contents however.